Infliximab belongs to a class of biologic medications known as tissue necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α)-blockers. Excess amounts of TNF-α causes the immune system to attack healthy cells in the target area such as gastrointestinal (GI) tract or joints, resulting in inflammation. Infliximab binds to TNF-α, blocking its action to help improve symptoms.
Nufactor carries the following infliximab brands:
- Inflectra® (Celltron, Inc.)
- Remicade® (Janssen Biotech, Inc.)
- Renflexis® (Samsung Bioepis Co.)
- Crohn’s disease (6+ year old)
- Ulcerative colitis (6+ year old)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), in conjunction with methotrexate (adult)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (adult)
- Psoriatic arthritis (adult)
- Plaque psoriasis (adult)
The information provided on this website is not medical advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, and treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with questions concerning a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay seeking it based on information provided on this website.