Pharmacy Technician 1
The Pharmacy Technician, under direct supervision of a pharmacist, assists with the daily provision of pharmaceutical services to nufactor patients in accordance with state/federal/regulatory agency laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Receive and process patient orders in pharmacy information systems as per prescription and order sheet.
- Triage patient needs to assess priority and notify pharmacist as appropriate.
- Maintain current patient demographics, medication profile, laboratory results, prescription/supply information and shipping instructions in pharmacy information systems.
- Generate and maintain appropriate records related to medication distribution and dispensing including prescription refill requests.
- Dispense and reconcile durable medical equipment (DME).
- Accurately fulfill medication, supplies, and DME needs for patient orders and stage for pharmacist verification.
- Answers telephones utilizing appropriate etiquette when speaking with internal and external customers.
- Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Display dedication to position responsibilities and achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Understand and internalize the Company's purpose; Display loyalty to the Company and its organizational values.
- Display enthusiasm and dedication to learning how to be more effective on the job and share knowledge with others.
- Work effectively with co-workers, internal and external customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keep commitments; keep others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues; address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; address others by name, title, or other respectful identifier, and; respect the diversity of our work force in actions, words, and deeds.
- Comply with the policies and procedures stated in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program by always working in a safe manner and immediately reporting any injury, safety hazard, or program violation.
- Ensure conduct is consistent with all Compliance Program Policies and procedures when engaging in any activity on behalf of the company. Immediately report any concerns or violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with pharmacy terminology, abbreviations and calculations.
- Knowledge of general pharmacy dispensing requirements and federal/state regulations and laws.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality to the level of required HIPAA standards.
- Knowledge of infusion related medication, supplies, and DME.
- Working knowledge of Joint Commission and URAC requirements and standards.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as pharmacy technician, preferably in a home healthcare, infusion, or specialty pharmacy.
- Intermediate level of understanding and use of computers applications that include Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and internet technologies.
- Operate office equipment which includes: computer, scanner, printer, copier, and phones.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Work with a high degree of accuracy in an organized, detail-oriented manner with appropriate follow up as required.
- Proactive approach to managing workload, able to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions.
- Able to prioritize work and make decisions independently and effectively, often quickly in response to dynamic patients needs, except were required or restricted by law.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact professionally and successfully with patients, teammates, and management.
- Able to work as part of a team, including on-site and remote teammates.
- Display excellent judgment on a consistent basis with sound decision-making abilities.
- Certification as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) and must meet ongoing requirements to maintain certification.
- Full, current, and unrestricted pharmacy technician registration in the required States.
Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must have the ability to view a computer screen for long periods and the ability to sit for extended periods. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled. Must have the ability to lift and maneuver items of at least 50 pounds. Working condition include normal office setting.
Learning, thinking, concentration and the ability to work under pressure, particularly during busy times. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be able to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent customer service. Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations' situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as appropriate judgments when necessary. Must be proactive in finding solutions.
If you are applying for a job and would like to make a request for a reasonable accommodation during any part of the employment process, submit an email to Human Resources at email@example.com or call (951) 296-2500 extension 1391. Please include your contact information along with the specifics of your request for a reasonable accommodation. Only inquiries regarding a reasonable accommodation request will receive a response via email or phone in a timely manner.
Nufactor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.